This is a public Vow of Purity that I expect myself, and others, to hold me to. I do not know who my wife will be, but I do know that despite not knowing her, I want to give her everything I can. She deserves respect, she deserves a Godly man. I pray for everyday, I pray that she may be become the person God wants her to be, I pray that God does not give me her until we are both ready. I pray that she will be a blessing and be blessed. I pray she have a heart full of God. I pray that God is with her everyday. I pray that she is surrounded by love. I pray many things for her. I want to give her everything that I can, this includes my purity.
- I will not see anything that will compromise my purity.
- I will not hear anything that will compromise my purity.
- I will not say anything that will compromise my purity.
- I will not do anything that will compromise my purity.
- I will not put myself in any situation that will compromise my purity.
This means, that I will put in any and all effort I can to keep myself pure.
- I will refrain from watching movies with crude humor, nudity, and language. In short, I will remain myself from Rated-R movies.
- I will refrain from being around those that speak impurity. I will not allow their words, influence my thoughts.
- I will refrain from watching TV shows with content that will influence my thoughts in an impure way.
- I will refrain from listening to music that is impure.
- I will refrain from anything that makes me more acceptable to impure thoughts.
- I will refrain from anything that will, even in the slightest way, comprise my purity.
Not only will I keep myself from impure thoughts, but I will do my best to keep others from impure thoughts about me.
- I will refrain, as best as I can, from wearing clothing that will cause impure thoughts from those around me.
- I will refrain, as best as I can, wear articles of clothing, keeping my body covered.
- I will refrain, as best as I can, from doing anything that may make it easier for others to cause impure thoughts towards me.
I understand that at times this is going to be tough. I understand that by myself I cannot fulfill this vow, but I will at all costs do my best. I understand that there will be times that I will fall. I understand however, that through Christ’s death I am made pure again. I understand it is only through Christ that this can be accomplished.
Signed: Joshua J. Huffman