Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.[a]
Surely her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.
Unfortunately this woman (also man) can be described as a large amount of women today. On a secular college campus this is all I see. Why is that? We live in a world where fast, easy, and cheap comes first. Where we just want to do what feels good, and not worry about the consequences. We live in a world of now, with no care towards the future. We live in a world where sexual adultery happens, but is often praised about (Cosmopolitan). It’s popularity continues to grow, and is hitting us at younger ages. It is hard to tell right from wrong it has been so pounded into our brains. It is easy to fall into because everyone is doing it, and once you get it in, it’s nearly impossible to get out.
Wisdom will save from this. No, She is not just going to scoop her arm in and save you from the adulterous women, but She will give you the ability to discren right from wrong. It is still up to us to decide what we are going to do (free will), but Wisdom will give us the discernment to keep us from accidentally falling down that path of death. The adulterous women’s seductive words will no longer have the power over us, as long as we are one with the Spirit.
But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
- I suggest reading 1 Corinthians 5. I came across it this morning. Paul warns us from the dangers of having someone with sexual sin live amongst you.
- For anyone looking for a Vow of Purity, I have created one and it is located in the “Vow of Purity” page.
- A good read from a friend of mine on Cosmopolitan can be found here.
- The Detestable Truth of a Christian’s Walk (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- Understanding your slave (punkahwallah.wordpress.com)
- The sex trap (hopeforallmin.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 2:13-15 (proverbialthought.com)