For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
These are great promises for those with the Lord. I look at these verses and I see the words “upright,” “blameless,” “just,” and “faithful ones.” Well this certainly can’t be me. I’ll be the first to admit that I am not any of these, far from it! In fact, I have never met a person who could say he/she has one of these qualities. Because of our sin, we could never reach any of these statuses.
This is where Christ’s death and resurrection comes into play. We are full of blame, and so very sinful! But through His death and resurrection we are made perfect!
Romans 6:5 (I encourage you to read all of Romans 6)
For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,
We shall be in the likeness of His resurrection. Meaning, because of His death and resurrection we are made perfect, just as Christ was perfect. Because of Christ’s death we are upright,” “blameless,” “just,” and “faithful ones.” With faith in Christ we receive His shield, His protection, His wisdom, and His knowledge! We know that Christ’s death covers our sin because:
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son
- Am I a coward? Yup
- Am I unbelieving? I doubt the Lord all the time, so yup.
- Am I vile? For sure, I sin against the Ten Commandments all the time.
- Am I a murderer? Yes I am. (Look further into this definition here)
- Am I sexually immoral? As much as I hate to admit it, I’m guilty. (Look further into this definition here)
- Practice magic arts? Well, I suppose this I’ll claim not guilty.
- Idolater? Of course! (Look further into this definition here)
- Am I a lier? Do I breath? Unfortunately, I am guilty again.
- Will I be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur? Nope!
Because I have accepted Christ as my savior, I have been given a new life! Does this make Revelation 21:8 invalid? Of course not. It is still very much valid and real! For all Scripture is God breathed. What this means is that Christs death paid my penalty for my sins in full! And because of His death, He stands before me on judgement day. Protecting the way of his faithful one.
However, this is very important and often forgotten about, if we fail to acknowledge Christ as our Lord, if we fail to believe in Him, we will be condemned to hell! Christ’s death and resurrection will have no power for us, and He will not be there to protect us.
Have a great Easter!
HE is risen!
- He is Risen and Ever-Faithful (solumevangelium.wordpress.com)
- Resurrection Requires Death (captivatedbychrist.org)
- What Resurrection Sunday Means to Me (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)
- He Is Not Here: For He Is Risen! (pastorbobcrowder.wordpress.com)