“How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?
Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.
But since you refuse to listen when I call
and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
since you disregard all my advice
and do not accept my rebuke,
I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
Yesterday, we looked at how the Holy Spirit is shouting at us for listen and how we can’t hear Her because we are lost in the noise of our daily life. Today’s reading shows us what the Holy Spirit is trying to warn us.
- How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? – A simple person will always love his simple ways. This is what makes him simple.
- How long will mockers delight in mockery? – Always! A mocker isn’t a mocker, unless he delights in mockery!
- How long will fools hate knowledge? Forever! Once again, what makes a fool is that he stays in his foolishry, hating knowledge.
- Proverbs 1:24-27 (proverbialthought.com)
- Proverbs 1:20-23 (proverbialthought.com)
- Friday Proverb – Wisdom Speaks (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Setting goals and gleaning wisdom from Proverbs. (unlockhersecrets.wordpress.com)